- KinisiForo works through a symmetric elliptical exercise movement.
- During the cycle, both upper and lower extremities work simultaneously, as well as torso muscles. Such exercises, can be active, passive or active/passive.
- Special harness allows weight adjustment and it is controlled by an automated counterweight mechanism on the patients lower limbs which is different in every single pedal strike.
- Pedal movement and range can be independently adjusted according to patient characteristics.
- During the physical exercise, patient is involved into virtual reality with a special movie that repeats patient movement and promotes automaticity.
KinisiForo is manufactured under the European Safety regulations:
- CYS EN 957-1: 2005
- General safety requirements and test methods for stationary equipment's.
- CYS EN 957-6: 2010
- Treadmills additional specific safety requirements and test methods
- CYS EN 957-9 : 2003
- Elliptical trainers specific safety requirements and test methods
- According to the European union regulation 2006/42/EK section ii/A about machines.
KinisiForo is certified with a World Wide Patent
- From WIPO PCT No: WO/2012/137038.
Registered by the Ministry of Health
- as Class 1 Active Medical device as per annex IX section 3 rule 12 of 93/42/EEC
Clinical Study Supported by CING
- (Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics)